- The DNA test verifies the presence of the dominant LP Gene.
- 20 to 30 - hair roots - envelope
- 5 mL - blood - K3 EDTA tube
- 2 to 5 working days
The DNA test verifies the presence of the dominant LP Gene (designated LP) and presents results as one of the following:
- N/ - Negative for LP. Absence of the dominante LP gene, non spotted horse.
- LP/N - Positive heterozygous for LP. Presence of one copy of the dominant LP gene responsible spotted coat. The horse can pass the LP gene to 50% of their progeny when bred.
- LP/ - Positive homozygous for LP. Presence of two copies of the dominant LP gene responsible for spotted coat. The horse will pass the LP gene to 100% of its offspring.