- Environmental panel (indoor & outdoor allergens)
- Insect panel
- Food panel
- IgE antibodies against indoor and outdoor environmental allergens, IgE antibodies against insect allergens and IgE and IgG antibodies against food allergens
- Designed to assist in the identification and selection of environmental allergens for avoidance and/or allergen specific immunotherapy (desensitisation treatment)
- Designed to assist in the selection of foods for an elimination diet trial
- 3 mL serum
6 mL - blood - serum tube
- 10 to 15 working days
Equine allergies are common and can affect any breed, age or sex of horse. Symptoms involving the skin, respiratory and gastrointestinal systems can occur for a number of reasons with the diagnosis of allergy being made by systematically ruling out other common conditions. Once diagnosed, knowing what allergens your horse is sensitive to allows you to manage their condition in a way that is specific to their individual needs.
The only way to diagnose a food allergy is by conducting a food trial, using a blood test can help select which foods to use for the trial.
- Rapid and easy identification of potential offending environmental allergens
- Rapid and easy identification of negative food allergens to help implement a suitable elimination diet trial
- Non-invasive and not influenced by most medications
- Standardised procedure with excellent reproducibility