The DNA test verifies the presence of the dominant (PATN1) mutation.
- 20 to 30 - hair roots - envelope
- 5 mL - blood - K3 EDTA tube
- 2 to 5 working days
The DNA test verifies the presence of the dominant (PATN1) mutation and presents results as one of the following:
- N/ - Negative for PATN1. Absence of the dominante PATN1 gene - non spotted horse.
- PATN1/N - Positive heterozygous for PATN1 (Dominant). Presence of one copy of the dominant PATN1 gene responsible spotted coat. The horse can pass the PATN1 variant to 50% of their progeny when bred.
- PATN1/ - Positive homozygous for PATN1 (Dominant). Presence of two copies of the dominant PATN1 gene responsible for spotted coat. The horse will pass the PATN1 gene to 100% of its offspring.