- Adrenocorticotropic hormone - ACTH
- ACTH levels are seasonal in horses
- Increased ACTH levels could indicate Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction PPID, also known as Equine Cushing’s Disease.
For more information about PPID please check the 2021 EEG recommendations on diagnosis and management of pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (PPID).
- 5 mL of blood in EDTA tube
- Separate the plasma by centrifugation or gravity and freeze plasma at -20ºC (in a regular freezer).
- Send freeze plasma to lab ASAP in a refrigerated package.
- 2 to 5 working days